Tuesday, April 12, 2011

You Didn't Know It Was Me

Today, I have uploaded the first song that Michael and I wrote together.  Again, this was recorded at IHM's Lenten concert last month.

You Didn't Know It Was Me

Verse 1
You know My story, you learned My name.
You chose to turn and follow Me.
Time teaches lessons, heals some of the wounds,
But only in Me will you become free. 

Refrain
I formed you in your mother's womb.
I taught you to walk though you never saw My face.
I picked you up when you fell down,
Carried you back as you lost your way,
But you didn't know it was Me.
You didn't know it was Me.

Verse 2
You sang out My name when all was well.
You said here I am and picked up the cross.
But sin entered in; suff'ring emerged,
And why me was your only refrain.

Verse 3
Now life brings change; confusion may reign.
Simple beliefs seem hard to retain.
But weather the storm, carry on through the pain.
In a still, small voice, I'm calling your name.

Bridge
With bonds of love I drew you to Me.
I carved your name into My hands.
Your name is written in My very flesh.
How I long for you to come home to Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment